Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Changes, changes...

I'll never part with my Claire
We had the opportunity to sell a large number of ewes to a new dairy farm in Oklahoma. After much debate, I went through our flock, and parted with some of the ewes that weren't on my sales list, as well as all of the ewes on the sales list. I kept all of the bloodlines that I needed, and my very favorite, calm, special ewes. Our sales for 2010 went very well--a BIG thank you to my customers! I love sharing my sheep with you, and am here to help you along for as long as you need it! or even if you don't need it. It's wonderful to build up a camaraderie with other shepherds. We can share our hopes,
dreams, joys and sorrows.


Our flock, with lambs numbered in the 70's this summer. It kept us very busy, moving the electronet fencing daily. Now, we have a mere 16 ewes, with only 12 or 13 bred! It's been a long time since my numbers were that low. I'm really excited though, about our 2011 lambs. With 2 new beautiful rams, plus our Finn as flock sires,
we should have an amazing crop of lambs.
Grendel, our new moorit mouflon ram from The Creeks Edge
Now, I'll be able to buy a few things on my sheep wish list. #1 is a decent stock trailer. #2 is a digital scale
to weigh the sheep. Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations to you and the buyer of your sheep. They are the very best. A sheep dairy is very cool. I wonder what Icelandic Sheep milk tasts like? We are going to build a chute to handle our sheep. I have been looking for the Billy Goat Gruff chute like you have, but to no avail. That would be on my wish list. Take care. :)