Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas goodies

Did you get any fun fiber related gifts for Christmas? I did! Some new books, Knitting Little Luxuries...a book that has been out for a while. Lovely, feminine designs that don't look too difficult for my limited knitting skills.Also, The Knitters Book of Wool, which will surely become a classic. I love all of Clara Parkes books.


Teaching Yourself Visually Hand Dyeing written by Barbara Parry, a very eloquent blogger that I enjoy. Teach Yourself Visually Knitting, the updated version will be available later this winter. I have it on order. I am determined to become a better knitter this year!I also received a nice shipment from Paradise Fibers. I love ordering from them. They have such a wonderful selection of spinning fibers, dyes, and other goodies. I got a yarn yardage counter, several Country Classic Dyes, 2 new jumbo bobbing for my Kromski wheels ( I got the new jumbo flyer for my December birthday), plus, some new spinning fibers--Tussah Silk Noils, Seacell, and some Tencell. I love playing with new fibers, and will blend these with my Icelandic on my drum carder. I am so busy with the sheep during most of the year, winter is the only time I can really spend some time experimenting with fiber blends, dyeing, etc.

1 comment:

tonya said...

Cha Ching! You sure did cash in on the fiber goodies this year! Your books look fabulous! (one can never - never have too many "how to" books!) :) Looks like you have plenty to get you thru the winter.. and the next.. and the next! Lol. Hope all is well your way!