Thursday, April 22, 2010

Getting ready...

I'm getting ready for "Ag Day" tomorrow, a program put on by our county extension program for 4th and 5th graders (400 of them!). I think this is the 4th year that I've participated in it. I bring along a couple of ewes and their lambs, as well as some sheep products. I always try to make it interesting, and even try to freak the kids out a bit. I show them sheep horns and tell them that yes, they eat this things (in Jello), and other odd tidbits.
I just hate being away from the flock for the day. We still have a few ewes due, plus many tiny confused lambs that sometimes get lost. Well, my husband promises to be home on his lunch break. I don't know how much good that will be. He just isn't that aware of who has lambed, or will lamb, and then tends to freak out about things. I hope all goes well....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love the part about grossing kids out. For once it's fun to get them first. I hope you have a wonderful AgDay.
Kelly